The other day, I snapped two photos as I passed through the garage. Both are excellent evidence of how my life has grown more interesting (and more complex) since Nick came into the picture.
Exhibit A. Two big buckets of sunflower seeds. Harvested from the acre of sunflowers Nick and Marty planted this year, to be pressed into edible sunflower oil if they can come up with the right combination of hardware to make a borrowed oil press work. (That particular piece of heavy equipment is installed in Marty and Erica's garage, not mine.)
Exhibit B. Yes, that would be a hive of honeybees. They're alive, although the cold weather keeps them fairly quiet. They were living in a hollow tree that Nick recently took down on the job. (He runs a tree service). Their section of trunk is now tucked into a 50-gallon trash can beside our bikes. I believe they'll be staying for the winter.


No comments:
Post a Comment