Beets
Tomatoes
Zucchini
Peas
The chicken coop, too, had just gotten underway.And to make room for the chicken-run-to-come, I had to move the backyard berry patch to a new home beside the house. Raspberries on the left, blueberries on the right. (And ideas about taking down the ivy, which is threatening to engulf the house, and putting in a climbing hardy kiwi vine instead...)
To continue the front yard fruit theme (in addition to the peach and plum trees I planted in the spring), the turtle bed got a bit of a revamp. Strawberries! I have visions of it overflowing with strawberry leaves and juicy red berries someday.
I also built some new flower boxes, out of decorative trim salvaged from the same old house where we collected most of the chicken coop materials. Painted red, they are cheerful indeed!
On the house, by the back door:
And on the garage:
Stay tuned for further updates very soon - lots has happened since then!












No comments:
Post a Comment