July 28, 2010

Harvest Help

All right, enough with the unsightly construction photos already. I hope to have some nice finished indoor spaces to show you sometime soon (not to mention a functional shower again). But in the meantime, let's head back out to the garden, where there's no shortage of beauty...
...and the harvest season is well underway! One-handful helping from my very own blueberry bushes:Round one of beans and zucchini:
First tomatoes of the year:
I should also mention that if we zoom out just a bit, someone else is sure to appear in the frame.
Here's my ever-present companion, who makes herself even more available when there are homegrown handouts to be had.
Green beans are a particular favorite, but she's happy to sample anything that comes her way. She munched a lot of tender new asparagus spears before I put the fence up around the garden this spring, but since then she's been respecting the boundaries. (Even if the fence is more suggestion than actual obstacle for this long-legged leaper.) Now that bean season is here, though, she makes sure to strategically position herself right outside the section of fence beside the bean patch whenever I approach it, in easy pod-tossing reach. That's my harvest-helper veggie-hound!

No comments: