December 24, 2009

In and Out

Merry Christmas from the land of birch and cedar, snow and stars! In this season when nights are long and dark, I hope your holidays are bright and sparkling.

Rising temperatures and freezing rain are predicted for tomorrow here, unfortunately. But for now we have rather a lot of snow outside:
And we have snow inside, too!
Gingerbread snow:
Window snow:
And a flurry of craftiness, too. I declared a moratorium on house projects for the month of December, and filled the gap with heaps of other things. I returned to the long-standing tradition that I missed last year and made a stack of cards to mail out to friends across the country.

And now I have at least five more works in progress and not one complete! This may be the Christmas of half-finished handmade. Knitting with needles still attached and clothes with the seams unsewn. If it’s the thought that counts, then I’m thinking I’d better start earlier next year!

3 comments:

Lil JC said...

I loved getting my Christmas card on Tuesday! Merry Christmas to you :-) love Jean

Carlyle Miller said...

I will never forget the image of your gorgeously ornate snowflakes pasted on the windows of our shared house in California...looking quite forlorn against the background of 50 degree weather and vibrantly green grass...

Kate said...

Thanks, Jean! And Carlyle, I'd forgotten that image - but I definitely remember raking leaves in short sleeves in January!