I have, however, been very diligent about keeping track of their schedule. I was feeling a little overwhelmed by the many, many packets and their various requirements. (I may have been a little overenthusiastic in my selections!) So I made a color-coded spreadsheet with some help from this nifty Automatic Seed Starting Chart. Then I arranged all the packets in chronological order by planting date and created a very satisfying boxful of organization in my world.
April 18, 2009
Garden Underway
After many hours spent poring over seed catalogs and charting out garden layouts over the past few weeks, the growing season has begun! I started trays full of seedlings the first weekend in April and set up a light and a timer to give them a bright beginning. Here they are, early on and a little later. I love peeking in at them first thing each morning to see how they're coming. I feel a bit like Toad, worrying over their welfare - although I admit, I haven't been singing to them, playing music for them, or reading them stories. But maybe I should be. Now seeds, start growing!


I have, however, been very diligent about keeping track of their schedule. I was feeling a little overwhelmed by the many, many packets and their various requirements. (I may have been a little overenthusiastic in my selections!) So I made a color-coded spreadsheet with some help from this nifty Automatic Seed Starting Chart. Then I arranged all the packets in chronological order by planting date and created a very satisfying boxful of organization in my world.
I have, however, been very diligent about keeping track of their schedule. I was feeling a little overwhelmed by the many, many packets and their various requirements. (I may have been a little overenthusiastic in my selections!) So I made a color-coded spreadsheet with some help from this nifty Automatic Seed Starting Chart. Then I arranged all the packets in chronological order by planting date and created a very satisfying boxful of organization in my world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment