January 30, 2012

Handmade Parade

Prominent among my holiday traditions is the flurry of last-minute sewing and knitting and other Christmas creating. It's the end of January and I'm still completing a few promised objects . . . and just getting around to a show-and-tell of the ones that made it under the tree. Stay tuned and I'll share several installments of all the handmade fun I've been having lately.

Starting off the handmade parade, here's something that's both a retrospective of the past year and an organizational tool for the coming one.
This pocket-sized calendar is now a tradition in its third year. (Here are the 2010 and 2011 versions.) I've come to love the opportunity it provides to go back through my photos from the previous year. I choose some favorites to capture the essence of each month, paste them into my template in Publisher, and have a mass-production party in my office with the printer and paper cutter. Then I get to share them with my family and also enjoy them all over again myself as I turn the pages throughout the year.
As usual, the calendar ends with a page of notes to help me share and remember the details of each scene.
I happen to have three extra copies of this calendar printed. I know January's almost over, but do you still need a little calendar for your frig, perhaps, or some other small space? Let me know in the comments and I'll send one your way!

5 comments:

Jean said...

This is so gorgeous!

Sarah Lerohl said...

Hey! yeah! me! Am I too much of a mooch? I'd love a calendar. I'll send you a valentine!!

Kate said...

Sarah, I'd love to send you a calendar (and to receive a valentine, of course)!

Jean, was that just a lovely compliment (thank you!) or could you use a calendar, too? If so, I'd love to send you one!

Jess N. said...

Kate! I'd love one of those beautiful calendars. Thanks!

Kate said...

I'll get these in the mail shortly, folks! Glad to know they'll be put to good use!