June 7, 2011

Chicklets Get Bigger

Now one week old, the chicks are beyond the ball-o-fluff stage. They're stretching their long necks and flapping their wings, which now sport real feathers. They're also just starting to sprout tail feathers, as Petunia demonstrates:
Ready for the latest mug shots? Hope so, because I couldn't resist!

Penny
Polly
Petunia
Pippi
(still the fluffiest, and now developing adorable cheek fluffs)

Maisie continues to love them with lots and lots of licking. It's a bit tricky to snap a photo with a chick in one hand and a camera in the other while also trying to be certain that the enthusiastic dog has nothing more than licking in mind. So far I've failed to capture the tongue in action, but here's Petunia getting sniffed in a lead-up to a lick:
I did a little better with video. Presenting: "Chick Licks." (Click here if it doesn't play.)



And here's poor Pippi, post licking. Wet, but well loved.

No comments: