March 11, 2011

Skipping a Season

It feels like cheating. Last Thursday I woke up to another winter day in Michigan, got on a plane (and then another one), got off, and suddenly - it was late spring. Actually, it was just March in California...but look!
Such colors!
It was quite a sight for eyes accustomed to winter whites. In fact, I spent a lot of the week squinting in the sunshine like a mole who had just emerged from a dark burrow. When I did manage to open them, my eyes focused mostly on the up-close details (and my camera followed). I couldn't wait to share the bounty with my fellow color-starved northerners.
I think this should keep us going until spring arrives for real in our part of the world!

2 comments:

Sarah Jean said...

Beautiful! As always, thanks for sharing Kate!

Kate said...

Thanks, Sarah! And I'm looking forward to seeing what it looks like in fall instead of spring when we're all out there in October!